Before you begin
How to apply
Your application should take about 10 minutes to complete. Before you start, please read the Key Information Pack, which includes the Key Features and Terms and Conditions of the AA ISA, to make sure this account is right for you.
To apply for the AA ISA you have to:
- be aged 16 or over and be a UK resident for tax purposes
- not already hold an AA ISA with us (OneFamily)
- hold a UK bank or building society account in your name
What do I need to apply?
For your security, your online application will time out after 15 minutes if your computer is left inactive (activity is moving through pages). Therefore, please make sure you have the following to hand before you start:
- your residential address including postcode (we're unable to accept c/o or PO Box addresses)
- your National Insurance Number
- your bank or building society account number and sort code. This needs to be a personal account in your name (either sole or joint) and will be used for any requested withdrawal payment that you have asked us to send you, once your AA ISA is open
- an email address. This is how we'll correspond with you about your account
- your debit card to fund your account
- details of any ISAs you wish to transfer
Payment by debit card
Please note, if we need verification of your identity before opening your account, for example, if you are under 18 or if you’re applying with a Power of Attorney, we can't accept your initial payment by debit card. You’ll still be able to open an AA ISA, although your initial payment will need to be sent to us by cheque or by transferring in another ISA you hold. Before making a decision to transfer an ISA to us, you should check with your provider if they'll charge a fee.
The AA ISA is provided by OneFamily. Money in this AA ISA is deposited with Bank of Ireland UK.
Applying with Power of Attorney
If you're applying with a Power of Attorney, you'll need to send us documents, including proof of identity. We'll provide you with further information on how you can do this within 24 hours of completing the application.
This application will need to be completed with the investor's details. We'll request further identification for both you and the donor as well as proof of the Power of Attorney/Deputyship. Please make sure that you have access to the email address you provide for the investor as this is how we'll communicate with you about this AA ISA, and to confirm the next steps you will need to take.
Before you apply please read the Key Information Pack as it contains the Key Features and the Terms and Conditions of this AA ISA, including information about how we'll use your data. Additionally, it includes the Deposit Information Sheet, which details information about how your money will be protected by the Financial Compensation Scheme (FSCS). If there is anything you do not understand or if you are unable to view these documents please read our FAQs at the top of this page.
The information in the Key Information Pack, along with this online application, form the Agreement between you and us.
Before you proceed with your application you should ensure that all documents can be printed and/or saved, and all the information can be clearly read on the device that you're using.
To view and print these files, you’ll need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't have Acrobat Reader, download it here free.